20060916

Caper and the question of taste

Having an aesthetic attitude towards life and everything makes one happy and independent, and there are few more chaming traits in a human being than an appreciation of pure and simple tastes. My ex-girlfriend was very fond of berries, and kept on picking raspberries even though I told her I suspected the dogs had peed on them. That made a tremendous impression on me, and I was instantly in love like never before.

My current favourite taste is caper. Spice pages describe caper as follows: The fragrance is spicy and a little bit sour (because of the pickling), the taste is slightly astringent and pungent. Yesterday I cooked spaghetti and ate it with capers, and nothing else. Simple tastes make the feeling after the meal a bit similar to the feeling after sex. If the food is too mashed-up, and one just devours it without stopping to feel the flavours, it resembles masturbation. Which is of course ok too, but seldom rivals the actual coitus.

Anyway, ones who cannot enjoy trash food (or music or art or bad sex etc) too, usually aren't just refined enough. By the way, today I'll eat boiled potatoes.

No comments: